Working with you to:
Protect the unique character of our neighbourhoods
- Continue to fight for affordable and rental housing in new development by implementing a new inclusionary zoning bylaw for Toronto neighbourhoods.
- Ensure all new development has more family sized housing, so residents can stay in our community as their family grows.
- Reform the zoning bylaw for live music venues, to encourage from in Toronto’s music sector
- Improve existing green spaces and create new parks in Ward 19, including facilities for all ages and abilities
- Implement recommendations from community-led planning studies to ensure new developments are environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable
- Change liquor licensing to build vibrant communities, protect neighbourhoods, and help new small businesses get established
- Ensure new development is supported by infrastructure, like daycare in Liberty Village and better transit along the King Street corridor
- Ensure communities have services they need to thrive by implementing the recommendations from the downtown west services study
Get people get around — quickly and safely
- Support and expand the King Street Pilot project to ensure our busiest streetcar routes are faster and more reliable
- Fight for better TTC service by fighting lobbying the provincial government to use of GO Train lines more efficiently, providing relief for to existing streetcar and subway lines.
- Work for lower fares and better service by enhancing investment in the TTC
- Make our city streets safer by holding city staff and Toronto police accountable for implementing and enforcing Vision Zero, Toronto’s road safety strategy
- Develop a city-wide bike strategy that focuses on building a minimum grid, starting with Bloor Street West
- Complete the West End Rail Path
Build a green, sustainable city
- Improve Toronto's tree canopy by developing a Ward 19 Tree Strategy.
- Make industrial polluters pay for the waste and water they produce
- Make Toronto a leader in greenhouse gas reduction and play a leadership role in Canada’s efforts to fight climate change
- Fight to ensure Toronto extends the green bin program to all condos and apartment buildings and work to reduce single use plastic waste across the city
- Expand and promote Toronto’s Home Energy Loan Program and work with the federal government to reduce barriers to energy retrofits in all buildings
- Develop and implement a City of Toronto Biodiversity strategy to protect species at risk and to enhance our species habitat.
Fight for more affordable communities and better community service
- Build affordable housing across Toronto, including new affordable housing units on City- owned properties and affordable housing in all new developments.
- Enhance community safety by investing in the youth employment, recreation, and mentorship programs that are key to building strong, safe neighbourhoods.
- Advocate for better investments in Toronto's Arts community, making Toronto a leader among Canadian municipalities in Arts funding per capita
- Ensure recreation services are accessible to all residents, regardless of income or other barriers.
- Continue working with Toronto's the urban Indigenous community to ensure Toronto lives up to its commitment to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action and aboriginal Indigenous Peoples people living in Toronto.
- Implement policies to promote the craft beer industry through Cask Force